Would anyone in his or her right mind kill another person? Perhaps not. But there are ways a person can kill another person directly or indirectly, and we should be discerning enough to know and prevent such ways from happening.
If we have:
- Wilfully murdered another person
- Committed or attempted suicide or caused another person to do so
- Caused the abortion of a fetus of oneself or of another person's
- Committed or promoted euthanasia
- Used or encouraged others to use artificial contraception
- Caused the sterilisation of self or others
- Used or promoted In vitro fertilization (IVF), where often more than one female egg is fertilised by sperm taken from either the husband or a donor, then only one female egg is placed in the woman and the remaining fertilised eggs are either discarded or given to other women, depending on the circumstances
- Caused or promoted cloning, which involves IVF procedure
- Endangering life and limb of self or others, including dangerous attempts of bravado or showing off
- Caused fighting, anger, hatred, revenge, and bad example, which lead to death of self or others
Society is promoting more and more a culture of death, where without morals, "it is the strong who decide the fate of the weak," and "Human beings therefore become instruments of other human beings" (Evangelium Vitae 3, 12). Let us put aside our self-centered ways and promote a culture of life, where human life at all stages from conception through natural death is sacred.