Someone once joked that if infants should enjoy their infancy, so adults should enjoy their adultery. While this statement may sound funny, it is certainly no laughing matter in meaning and practice.
If we have:
- Had unchaste relations in thought, word and deed with another's wife or husband
- Watched or shared pornography, bad movies or books
- Uttered obscene speech
- Entertained impure thoughts and actions alone or with others
- Committed or encouraged masturbation, fornication, homosexuality, incest, bestiality, pedophilia
- Committed immodesty with ourselves or others in looks, dress, words, or actions
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body... (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)." Thus we ought to practise chastity and modesty in all our looks, words, and actions, while avoiding occasions of sin.