Liturgical Colours: A Summary - The Green
- Green symbolises hope and life, just as the hint of green on trees in early Spring arouses the hope of new life.
- Green is used during the liturgical season called Ordinary Time.
- This season focuses on the three-year period of our Lord’s public ministry, and the Gospel passages, particularly on Sundays, recount His teachings, miracles, exorcisms, and other deeds during this time.
- All of these teachings and events engender great hope in the mystery of salvation.
- We focus on
- The life He shared with mankind during His time on this earth.
- The life we share now with Him in the community of the Church and through His sacraments.
- and we look forward to sharing everlasting life with Him perfectly in Heaven.